Features Gondor full-view safety gloggles
- Full-view safety goggles for a very wide range of applications
- Indirect ventilation system lens fogging
- Available with shatter-proof polycarbonate lenses
- Tight wraparound seal
- Wide flexible textile strap ensures a firm fit
- Can be used with a prescription lens insert using the RX-clip
Different areas of application and corresponding codes
- Standard application (without coding): For work not involving special risks and exposure to UV and/or visible infrared radiation, no special level of protection is required.
- Liquids (3): Acids and alkalis can seriously damage the eyes. In certain work situations a safety face visor is necessary.
- Dust (4) and particulates/gases (5): Dust is a mix of air and solid particles of different sizes. Hence, a distinction is made between dust (> 5 μm) and particulates (< 5 μm). A great deal of dust is generated by activities such as grinding, drilling or milling wood and metal. Particulates also include gases, fumes, mist and Smoke.
Biological hazards like bacteria, viruses and spores can enter the body through the eye and cause infections. A risks assessment of every work procedure should be made to determine which anti-contamination measures need to be taken.
- Arcing faults (safety face visor) (8): In electrical work human error or technical failure can cause short-circuiting and electrical arcing faults. The resulting high temperatures and flying particles represent a serious risk to the eyes and face. Therefore, a suitable safety face visor must be used in maintenance and repair work on electrical equipment.
- Molten metal and hot solids (9): The eyes require special protection against thermal hazards, such as flying molten metal and other hot solids, e.g. in steel production or casting. To avoid serious burns, the adhesion of molten metal particles to personal safety equipment must be prevented.